Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sexually Active?? Read On

Had an awesome night with my good ol' high school friends. One of them is a soon-to-be doctor, and he ask us girls if we took the HPV Vaccine already, and us girls was like???

-_______-

Then he started explaining what the vaccine does. I'm going to try my best to explain -.- He says the vaccine can prevent cervical cancer. Typically at "our age" (I'm 22-ish, 23) us girls need to take that vaccine especially if we're sexually active with A GUY (well at least I know I don't need to worry about that at the moment).

The damn virus (I think its a virus la) that cause cervical cancer actually lives in guy's penis -.- don't ask me to explain, I have no freakin idea. I'm not a biology major, and I'm not a soon-to-be doctor. That stupid virus does nothing to a guy, but when it enters girls body, it will cause cervical cancer (from what I understand, correct me if I'm wrong).

The rate of getting cervical cancer is getting higher and higher. So if you girls are sexually active, please go take the injection. 3 dose about 700MYR++ and it lasts for a lifetime. Make sure that injection protects against 4 different strain of the disease -.- Okay, I know I don't make sense here, but I don't even understand what I'm typing, so bear with me.

Typically, when you go and ask the price of this HPV injection, there are doctors that charge you less, and there's a reason for it, the cheaper ones only protects you from 2 strains (types??) of the disease. You should always ask for the ones with the MAXIMUM protection against the disease, which is 4 strains.

Although I'm not sexually active (at all) wtf but still I need to take the damn vaccine -.- *sigh* Frickin hate needles/injections. *SIGH* And this HPV Vaccine is super expensive T.T

T.T

:: EDIT ::

Fark! My bad ... according to THIS website "HPV can be passed on between straight and same-sex partners—even when the infected partner has no signs or symptoms" fark ... I'm still safe XD I think

No comments:

Post a Comment